Lags Medical Centers are comprehensive pain clinics. We use state-of-the-art diagnostics to help in creating individualized treatment plans to effectively manage and alleviate pain.
We understand that everyone is different and pain affects us in different ways. With constant advances in medicine, LAGS realizes that you have to heal the whole person with the use of classic, holistic, and modern treatments.
We strive to reduce the total cost of care by avoiding emergency room visits, unnecessary surgery, procedures, and pharmacy costs.
- Electromyography (EMG): A test that measures the electrical activity of your muscles, and used to detect a variety of diseases and conditions such as inflammation, pinched nerves, and peripheral nerve damage.
- Ultrasound Imaging: A save and painless procedure that uses sound waves to create pictures of inside of your body, and can help diagnose the causes of pain.
- DEXA Scan: An enhanced type of x-ray that is used to measure bone loss.
- Punch Biopsy: A technique used to obtain a skin sample, and used for detecting painful conditions such as Small Fiber Neuropathy.
Non-Invasive Treatment Options
- Topical Ointments: Medicine that is applied to your skin that can reduce the inflammation in specific areas of your body.
- Postural Restoration: A type of treatment that seeks to correct imbalances in your posture using exercise techniques that are designed to restore proper balance.
- Therapeutic Solutions: The use of physical therapy methods such as exercise, massage, and heat treatment.
- Mindful Behavioral Health Therapy: A protocol that enhances awareness of your physical and psychological sensations, and helps reduce pain by teaching you how to better manage and control your psychological reactions from your physical sensations.
Less Invasive Treatment Plans
- Acupuncture: A method of alleviating pain that involves pricking the skin with needles.
- Botox: A drug used to treat chronic pain in specific targeted areas, that works by relaxing the offending muscles that are contributing to your pain.
Minimally Invasive Treatment Plans
- Intrathecal Pain Pumps: An implanted medical device that relieves your chronic pain by delivering minute amounts of medication to the space surrounding your spinal cord, as a way of preventing pain signals from being perceived by your brain.
- Spinal Cord Stimulators: A device that are implanted under your skin that delivers an electrical impulses to your body in an attempt to intercept and change the nerve signals causing your pain.
- Fluoroscopy Guided Spinal Injections: A type of injection that uses an imaging device called a fluoroscope to more precisely guide the needle to the target location.
- Ultrasound Guided Nerve Blocks: A procedure that allows your doctor to have real-time imaging of a targeted nerve and surrounding tissues as they guide the injection needle, which increases the rate of success and reduces the risk of complications.
- Ultrasound Guided Injections: A procedure that allows your doctor to have real-time imaging of a targeted joint and surrounding tissues as they guide the injection needle, which increases the rate of success and reduces the risk of complications.
Sports Injury Restorative Therapy:
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy: A non-surgical treatment that uses healing factors contained in your own blood platelets, and relieves your pain by helping your body repair its own damaged and injured tissues by speeding up the natural healing process.